If you follow me on Twitter (cheeky plug) you will know that this year, I spent my new years day at a Spa near my boyfriends family. We traveled down on New Years Eve, packed bottles and bottles of prosecco and spent the evening ringing in the New Year with a couple of drinks, lots of snacks and a hell of a lot of music.
The next morning we got up (and despite spending the night up with food poisoning from Five Guys the day before) had ourselves an incredible room service breakfast, then made our way to the Spa and Leisure Center.
Usually I would be nursing a prosecco-fueled hangover but instead I found it so relaxing to be bringing the New Year in by sitting in the sauna, hot tub and steam room and honestly, I couldn’t think of a better way to start 2018. If I’m being totally honest, it made me feel really energised for the year ahead – especially as I have just started my new venture as a freelancer.
Whether it’s New Year’s Day, or sometime in January, I really think a relaxing spa break is the perfect way to start off your year and here’s why:
- It allows you to destress, even if just for a day, and forget about the outside world.
- It leaves you feeling energised and excited for the year ahead.
- It’s a great chance to have some me time and really focus on you.
- The ‘quite time’ is perfect for thinking about what you want from the year ahead.
- It’s also the perfect time to think about what you were thankful for in the previous year.
- Relaxing is a great reward for a year of hard work.
- If you’re spending it with family it is incredible what a bit of family time can do, and how happy it can make you.
I think that even if I don’t spend New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day in a spa again, I will definitely be booking a break each year for early January. It was a great way to clear my head and work out what I really want out of 2018 and I know that is the kind of mentality I need to have at the start of every year if I want to make sure it’s as successful as the last.
There are so many different Spa’s to stay at, however one that has caught my eye recently is the Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa. I would most likely be booking the trip with my boyfriend and I love that they offer couples spa weekends, something we have never actually done together before. The Spa is rated 5 bubbles (which I LOVE) and is set in one of the most gorgeous Georgian buildings that is surrounded by 3-acres of garden – imagine the outfit photos. With their rooftop hot tub, large hydrotherapy pool and mud rasul, I couldn’t imagine a better way to ring in a new year.
After such an incredible spa break to start the new year, I’m really hoping it’s a sign to come as to what the rest of my year will be like.