Welcome to Episode One of the Plus Size Travel Too Podcast! This week we chat to Michelle Elman, the incredible body confidence coach that launched her own ‘Scared Not Scarred’ campaign in 2015. After going viral, Michele become a spokesperson for the body confidence movement, even launching her own book called ‘Am I Ugly?’
Join us as we talk about Michelle’s personal travel experiences and how you too can be body confident when you travel.
Plus Size Travel Too Podcast | S1 Ep1 | Combating Body Confidence Issues Whilst Travelling With Michelle Elman
I am SO SO SO excited to finally be launching the Plus Size Travel Too Podcast and oh my gosh, what an incredible episode to be kicking off with. I had the pleasure of chatting to the INCREDIBLE Michelle Elman, who is someone I have admired for years.
Michelle is a body confidence coach and as one of the most common questions I get asked as a plus size traveller is how to stay body confident whilst travelling, I thought she would be a perfect guest for the first season. Obviously, I was right as we had the best chat, where 90% of the time I was in awe of everything Michelle had to say.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- The story of Michelle’s ‘Scarred Not Scared’ campaign and how it launched her body confidence career.
- Michelle’s own personal travel experiences, and how being plus size has affected the way in which she travels.
- How wearing a bikini isn’t the pinnacle of body confidence.
- What it feels like to travel in Asia as a plus size traveller and whether it’s something you should consider doing yourself.
- Tips and tricks to help you feel more confident when you travel.
- The lack of diversity not only in travel but in the plus size industry in general.
We covered A LOT in such a short space of time and honestly, I couldn’t have asked for a better first episode. I am so so excited (and nervous) to be able to say we’re finally launched! You can take a listen on either Soundcloud or Spotify, although I will be adding more platforms over the coming weeks.
Listen On Soundcloud
Listen On Spotify
You can also listen on Spotify by clicking here.
Where To Find Michelle Elman
Once again, thank you so much to Michele for being a guest and thank you all for supporting me in my first ever episode of the Plus Size Travel Too Podcast, I really hope you enjoy listening!