My birthday is fast approaching (23rd December if you wanna get me a gift idm) and I am SO excited, but if there’s one thing I hate it’s having a birthday so close to Christmas. I thought a lot of you will share my pain so I thought I’d write a list of reasons having a December birthday sucks…
- Some people think it’s okay to get you a joint present. NO. THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE DAYS.
- People don’t have a lot of money so if you ask anyone to go out they won’t be able to afford it (and neither will you).
- You end up with presents wrapped in Christmas paper.
- “Sorry I completely forgot it was your birthday, I was too wrapped up in Chritmas”
- You have to think of presents you want for your birthday AND Christmas.
- There are no present-worth occasions in the middle of the year.
- If you want to get a reservation in a restaurant on your birthday it’s impossible as everywhere is fully booked for works parties.
- If you do manage to make a booking you’re forced to order off the festive menu.
- Pretty much everyone is out of town, so you have no one to celebrate with (especially as a uni student).
- So. much. weight. gain.
- People complain they have to buy you two gifts in one month like it’s your fault you were born in December.
- People can’t handle another night of drinking in December, so a huge party is completely off the cards.
- There is a very high chance your birthday will fall on the same day as your works do and you won’t be able to attend.
- You can’t get excited about Christmas until your birthday is over.
It’s not all bad though, here are a few things I LOVE about having a December birthday.
- Cheap alcohol deals.
- Need a nice dress for your birthday? THEY’RE EVERYWHERE.
- If you have money for both your birthday and Christmas that is A LOT towards the Boxing Day sales.
- December food is so good.
- The chance of snow on your birthday is pretty exciting.
- At least it’s not a January birthday - ‘The Month of Regifting’.
Do you have a December birthday? Do you love or hate it?!