While at the #PLBSlumberParty we made Banoffee Pies with Caramel Sauce from Bonne Maman. I’d never heard of them before the weekend away, however, I have now discovered they have the nicest caramel spread ever (Sorry Carnation, I still love you too).
We each had our own, very cute jars to make our Banoffee Pies in, which I loved because it meant you could easily see all layers. It also meant I was extra careful about getting the layers all lined up, as I wanted it to look perfect. I think I must have said three or four times that I think every dessert should come in a jar..
Makes: 10 Large Jars (or 20 smaller ones)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
1 Jar of Bonne Maman Caramel Sauce
3 Bananas Sliced
1 Pack Digestive Biscuits
500ml of Thick Double Cream
1 Small Bar of Chocolate Grated
1) Using a sealed food bag to save mess, crush the digestive biscuits until they’re all crumbs.
2) Whisk the double cream until it’s thick and slice the bananas.
3) Place the biscuit crumbs into the bottom of your jars, using a spoon to press it down and keep it level. You can add melted butter to your biscuit base if you wish, this helps it to stay in place and gives it a richer taste.
Tip: For a really decadent Banoffee Pie use chocolate digestives instead of plain ones.
4) Spoon the caramel into the jars and on top of the biscuit base, making sure to level it out.
5) Place the sliced banana on top of the caramel. I found it much easier to start by placing in the middle and building out as it stopped them from sinking and falling down the side of the jar,
6) Fill the rest of the Banoffee Pie jar with cream and top with a little bit of grated chocolate.
Tip: For an easier topping, crumble a little bit of a Cadbury’s Flake on top.