Last year I spent a lot of time both attending and hosting blogger meetups and events, and that is not going to change in 2016, infact I’ll probably end up going to even more. Fingers crossed!
I love attending blogger events and they are probably one of my favourite things about starting my blog so, the following reasons are why I think you should go to a blogger event or meetup this year…
- Meeting New People | Probably on the best, but scariest things about going to a blogger event his that you get to meet some amazing people. Although at times it can be a game of ‘who belongs to which Twitter picture’ the end result is amazing – lot’s of new blogging friends! You can speak to your favourite bloggers, meet the people you’ve been speaking to for months and meet bloggers you may never have discovered otherwise.
- Networking | A lot of blogger events are either run by a brand, or have brands attending. For those interested, this is a great way to speak to some of the PR’s and marketing team behind the brand face to face. I’ve discovered some of my favourite brands at events and built amazing relationships with them where I continue to work with them on content for my blog.
- Experience | The overall experience of a blog event changed the way I look at my blog, and other bloggers. I started seeing the people I talk to more as close friends, and saw events as an opportunity to talk about something we all have in common. It’s an amazing experience and so much fun to spend a couple of hours in a room filled with like-minded people.
- Inspiration | Talking to other bloggers is a great way to get inspiration and you may find that one event can encourage you to write a number of different posts. The people or brands that you meet there are great for inspo, so if you’re ever feel you need to get out of a bloggers rut, I’d really recommend attending some events.
- Discovering New Brands | One thing a lot of events have is a goody bag that you get to take away at the end of the day. This is usually filled with lots of samples and information on a variety of different brands. This could be brands you know and love or ones you have never heard of before, the great thing is – you get to try products from brands that could easily become your new favouritesa.
- Gaining Followers | Before and after an event, it’s a good idea to go back through the hashtag and follow people you want to meet or remember speaking too. A lot of other bloggers will be doing the same thing and it’s a great way to boost your followers as well as keep in touch with the new and awesome people you just met!
- Travelling | Blogging events may take you to places you have never been or travelled too before! Last year I went to Longleat, Bristol, Wells and Leeds for the first time for events and it was so much fun. A lot of people think that because an event is named ‘Birmingham Blogger Meet’ you can only go if you live in Birmingham, however the organisers love it when people travel to get to their events.
- Learn Something New A lot of blogger events now involve workshops, where you can learn a new skill related to blogging. This is a great chance to learn more about blogging, which is sometimes easier than trawling through loads of different blog posts on the internet.
- Try Something New | Blogging events are a great way to try something new, whether it’s a new food, beauty product or even an activity like yoga! There are so many varied events out their with different opportunities that sometimes it’s hard to say no!