One of the most beautiful tourist destinations that you could travel to is Faro in Portugal. It’s one of the most popular destinations in the world for travel for a reason, and with the beaches and the sunshine, it’s not hard to see why people love it so much.
The thing is, there is so much to see and do that trying to stuff it all into one trip is not easy at all. There is a lot that you will want to enjoy while you are there, so it makes more sense to take the time to see it all instead of trying to limit it. You can extend your stay, or you can invest in Faro Airport car hire and make sure that you have enough places on the road to stay in when you are out there and enjoying yourself. So, with that all in mind, let’s take a look at some of the things that you will need to see while you visit Faro.
- Faro Cathedral. The culture in Faro is the first thing that you notice when you arrive at the cathedral alone is one reason to visit, and the design of the windows and of the brickwork is the other. With 18th century renovations to enjoy, you can really get stuck into the history of the cathedral and more.
- Igreja do Carmo. One of the most famous pieces of Algarve history is the Igreja do Carmo. It’s a stunning building that was filled with art and history, and if you want to really get to the root of your archaeological interests, this is the place to be.
- Praia de Faro. It’s time to don the sandals and the bikinis – Praia de Faro, also known as Faro Beach – is the place to visit! It’s not far from the airport, and it’s a beautiful piece of golden sand and blue seas. The water is colder than other parts of Portugal, but it’s some of the nicest beaches to see on your road trip.
- Ilha Deserta. It may be a very small sand island in the Rio Formosa National Park, but it’s something that will take your breath away. There’s no traffic, barely any tourists and a lot of tranquillity here. You can ditch the car for a day and hire a boat to cruise between the islands and you can also enjoy a cool plunge into the water. Don’t forget your towel!
- Cidade Velha. A little Old Town of Faro, this is so popular for the history and medieval wall. You’re standing in a little history when you stand beside it, and the cobbled streets and orange trees will be a sight to see while you visit. When you head into the town, there are museums, cafes and Insta-worthy photo ops which you can take advantage of.
Take a moment and breathe in Faro – now you know why you should see it all – and enjoy yourself. It’s going to change your life!