If there’s one thing I struggle with on a daily basis, it’s loving myself for who I am. I constantly pick at my own flaws, compare myself to others and wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn’t made the mistakes I have. Why is it so hard to love yourself?
One of my favourite Carrie Bradshaw quotes has always been ‘Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first’. This is something I NEED to learn to do, and it something I am starting to work towards now that I’m starting to look after myself more.
Recently I have been going through a stage where I didn’t care about what I was doing and I was eating pretty much everything in sight and doing absolutely zero exercise. This ultimately effected my leg/knee problems, making it even more difficult for me to walk.
With that in mind, I was so happy to be asked to take part in the F . L . Y First Love Yourself campaign. So, here are a few things I have been doing to love myself for who I am over the last few weeks.
– I have joined Slimming World. I love the plan as it’s not one those diets where you can’t eat anything, it’s a health eating plan that I can work into the rest of my life.
– Started being more active. As I have a number of different conditions affecting this I am taking it easy, but my family are being so supportive and going on lots of slow walks with me.
– Taking Multivitamins. This is something I used to do, however now that I am starting to look after my diet and fitness, I feel that it’s the right time to start again. Hellenia are perfect those with muscle pain, like me.
– Having me time. I’ve been taking longer baths, watching Netflix whenever I want and reading more rather than worrying about having a post live everyday. It feels so good.
– Treating myself. Just because I can and I work hard, so I deserve it!
What ways do you love yourself for who you are?
Lots of love,
If you enjoyed this, you can follow me on social media to keep up to date and never miss a post!