A Traveler’s Guide 2020; For the Tourists and Visitors of Beijing City
Beijing is an ancient stronghold to the country’s earlier dynasties. The city possesses an old-fashioned touch to the lifestyle. In recent times, there has been an increase in the rate of modernization of the city. Beijing offers state of the art buildings to rank close to China’s capital. It is home to exquisite social amenities such as the Bird’s Nest national stadium.
The modern city is rich in history that keeps life vibrant. Being a past capital, the city has a variety of attractions to visit. The atmosphere in the city is charming and appealing to visitors from China and the world. Cathay Pacific is a chartered transport entity for direct flights to Beijing.
It is a Cultural Heritage of China
Beijing has a unique way of life compared to other cities in the country. The city boasts of its cuisines that the locals appreciate for hundreds of years. It is imperative to try out the local delicacy of duck fish. The way people talk and build their houses is different from other regions. Beijing is a treasure in the culture and pride of the people of China.
Reasons to Visit Beijing
The city is more than a historical attraction to visitors. It is a prestigious place with success as a preferred destination in recent times. Below are a few reasons to choose Beijing as your next travel destination;
- The numerous monuments around the city are rich in culture and heritage. According to history, the city’s existence spreads across thousands of years. It is interesting to visit the ancient places. The attractions were part of the heritage of past dynasties and the rule.
- The city possesses a wide array of sights for international tourists. Most visitors have an interest in touring The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and The Forbidden City.
- To fulfill the satisfaction of taking part in the local culture. Beijing maintains its ancient way of life by protecting its culture. Residents have preserved the Hutongs for years and it is a definite tourist attraction.
- Having a chance to shop in the outdoor markets of Beijing. Outdoors markets around the city are lively for both locals and foreigners.
- Its nightlife is relaxing and fun too. The city offers numerous performances and shows all year round. Events bring together members of the society from different age groups.
- Hotels are appealing to all kinds of visitors. Whether you are from the region or a visitor, accommodation is affordable. The services are top quality and prompt clients to have regular visits.
- The transport system is efficient for domestic and international movements. Road, rail, and air are the means of transport to use.
- A clean atmosphere is evident with the eco-friendly amenities.
Top Activities to do in Beijing City
Traverse the Great Wall
It is a huge experience to walk through the sections of the Great Wall. Badaling and Mutianyu are common destinations for explorers and tourists. It takes two and a half hours to reach the venue from the city’s downtown. The restaurant is an ideal place to relax and have a taste of the local cuisine. Travelers can get assistance from the guides to find a meal to try out.
Hiking is part of the adventure at The Great Wall. The scenery is beautiful and the wall is a work of craft. It takes less than an hour to climb the steps at a medium pace up and down the wall. You may ask for assistance if you want to capture memories by taking photos. Shuttle buses or cable cars can take you down the wall to the parking lot.
Explore the Forbidden City
This is the second most popular destination after the Great Wall. The size of the area is large and you can only imagine when you get there.it is an ancient home for the dynasties. Emperors lived at the location for close to 500 years. The Forbidden City is rich in the culture of the people in the region and beyond. With a tour guide, you do not have to wait for the tickets as they plan early. You can get in through the main gate and take photos to remember.
Visit the Temple of heaven
This is a historic and sacred place in the region. Emperors used the place to pray to the heavens. Locals consider the place as the most holy ancient temples. The place is popular with the residents for recreational activities such as board games, dances, songs, and Tai Chi.
Recreational and Outdoor Activities for Fun
Ride a Rickshaw through the Hutongs
The Hutongs in Beijing offer an incredible ride down the alleys using a rickshaw. As one moves from one courtyard to another, the narrow maze is fun to ride down. The site offers a peep into the life of the ancient people in Beijing. You could walk the lanes on foot for discoveries from the tour. It will help in understanding the traditional life of the people.
Courtyard Cooking Lessons
This is a chance to learn the lifestyle of the natives. Communities living in the courtyard regions offer lessons on cooking for visitors. You can learn the process of preparing and getting the traditional meals ready. This one of a kind experience that is rare to find.
Find Treasure at the Antiques Markets
Beijing markets offer a variety of items that act as souvenirs for you and your loved ones. The work of artistry is in the form of pearls, carvings, among others.
Over time, the city’s nightlife is developing as a dynamic source of fun and entertainment. A night out at the entertainment spots will suit the different interests and preferences. The Red Theater is a popular venue for martial arts. It showcases the classic Kung Fu sport that is amazing to watch for people of all ages. The Great Wall also comes alive during the night. Visitors can get treatment to the authentic beauty of the wall. The snacks on Beijing streets are exotic and it is a chance to try the menu. You can catch local arts from performing artists at the Liyuan Theatre. Searching for gigs and shows around the city can make your stay entertaining.