A couple of month’s ago I wrote a post about how I thought I was too late to be a travel blogger and that the market was already incredibly saturated. I have to admit, it did deter me for a bit but I have come out the other side with a hell of a lot of determination to get myself out there.
Over thelast few weeks, I’ve spent some time planning what I want to achieve with my blog over the next few years and how I am going to get there. I’m not going to share the full plan with you, but I thought I’d share a few of the things I am going to be doing to up my travel blogging game.
🌟 Blogging and YouTube
- Rather than blogging to a strict schedule I am going to be blogging when I want, which is actually quite often. The posts are much more natural that way and I find that I write so much better when I am not under pressure. All I want is to be myself and for my personality to show through in my posts and I believe this is the best way to do it.
- My posts are going to be 90% travel focussed with a little bit of plus size fashion and lifestyle thrown in. It’s taken me a while to find a writing style that reflects me but I feel like I am finally there 💙
- I WILL START COMMENTING ON BLOGS MORE.
- I posted my first ever travel vlog recently and absolutely loved doing it. I am going to start vlogging all of my trips away and maybe when my life starts to get a little more interesting I will start weekly vlogging, if it ever does…
- Similar to blogging, I am only going to post to Instagram when I want. I went through a period of time where I was planning my feed in advance, however, I have found I am enjoying it so much more when I go with the flow. It’s much more natural and me.
- The one thing I do want to is post to Instagram Stories more. I think there are some really creative ways to use the feature and I’m vowing to get my hands stuck in a little more.
- Also follow me on Instagram here pls.
- The main thing I need to do with Twitter is to remember to schedule bloody tweets. It makes such a difference to my traffic that I’d be stupid not to schedule them in advance. I also want to start following more travel bloggers (hmu if I don’t follow you already), take part in more chats and start interacting with bloggers and brands a little more.
- My blog Facebook page is definitely none existent at the moment so I have a few plans to try and help grow that as working in social media the last few years has shown me how beneficial Facebook can actually be when it comes to generating traffic.
- I am in a few blogging related Facebook groups so I really want to start utilising them and sharing my blog in in the ones that are aimed at people that want to share links.
🌟 Pitching to Brands
- It’s no secret that I pitch to brands, however in order to up my game I feel like I need to start making my own opportunities. I’ve revamped my media kit, starting building a list of contacts and slowly but surely I will start pitching to them with my best ideas for collaborations!
P.s. if you want to start pitching to brands, Jenna, has just started a fab new blog called the Bloglancer, with tips to help even the pro-pitchers!
🌟 Office Space
- Most of the time I work in the living room with my feet up on the sofa, my laptop on my lap and Netflix on in the background. Although it’s comfy, it’s definitely a bit of a distraction. To help combat my major procrastination problem, I want to finally finish decorating my office space so I can sit at my desk and work. I’m so much more productive when sat at a desk!
- As well as decorating my office I also want to make sure it’s safe, as right now it’s a lot of boxes piled on one another with a broken office chair and an empty desk. It’s not the most creative, or safest of spaces for me to focus on my blogging. With help from my experience working in an office in my day to day job, as well as this office safety infographic – I know exactly what I need to do to improve my little creative space.
What do you do when you feel you need to up your blogging game?
PIN ME FOR LATER?