I am pretty sure I have posted a Halloween version of the 3 Ingredient Oreo Truffles on my blog before, however, I love them so much that I had to share them again. This time around they are SO MUCH BETTER because I have finally managed to get them to stay round.
These are quite literally the quickest and most delicious chocolatey treats to make, so much so my boyfriend asks me to make them ALL. THE. TIME. I don’t have a problem with it though, they are pretty amazing…
So ALL you need to make these beauties is Oreo’s (DUH!), Philadelphia soft cheese and chocolate. If you’re anything like me you will have these ingredients in the house regularly, so won’t even have to go out in the cold and get them.
3 Ingredient Oreo Truffles
Makes 20 Truffles
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Overall Time 2 Hours 30 Minutes (including fridge time)
36 Oreo Cookies (I use double stuff because YUM)
1 500g tub of Philadephia soft cheese
2 medium sized bars of chocolate (this time I used 1 milk and 1 white chocolate and it worked really well)
- Use a food processor to blend the Oreo’s until the entire mixture is just crumbs. It will probably take a while and will stick together because of the biscuit centre, however that’s completely okay.
- Mix the crumb mixture with the cream cheese until it’s smooth. I find it’s best to do this bit by bit as sometimes a 500g tub can be too much. (especially if you’ve been pinching Oreo’s while prepping…)
- Separate the mixture into even balls and place on a baking tray.
- Pop the Oreo balls in the fridge for a couple of hours so that they harden. This will make it much easier to put the melted chocolate on.
- Melt your ‘main’ chocolate and using a spoon dip the truffles in one by one. The chocolate will dry pretty much straight away as the truffles will be cold.
- Melt the decorative chocolate and using a fork drizzle it across the top.
- Pop back in the fridge for twenty minutes then enjoy!
I have made these SO MANY times and they seriously get better each time I do it. The first time around I didn’t think they would taste truffle-y because, well, it’s Oreo’s. BUT OH MY GOD – they are truffles made of dreams.
I am thinking of making some festive ones and instead of drizzling chocolate over the top I am going to use some of my festive sprinkles instead.
Let me know on Twitter or in the comments if you try the 3 ingredient Oreo truffles, I’d love to know what you think!